Welcome!

Welcome to Caspar's LA Blog! :D With this blog I'll add certain things related to LA, and will update it often. (Y) XD

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Nature VS. Nurture?

From my own experience, I believe that nurturing is more important than your nature. If the child is taken good care of from young, and taught all the values to be a good person as well as pursuing their interests and training them to do something from young.

What I mean is that if the child wants to excel in a certain sport, the most important would be to keep practicing and training to reach better heights. Although a bit of 'nature' would be required here (physical aspects), as long as we train and practice, we have a chance to excel. If the child is brought up by their parents pursuing their interests or a certain sport or music, then they would definitely excel at it when they grow up. For me, I regret not being able to train myself at swimming since young. I only started to train formally at Primary 5, and that costed me a lot of time and experience. If I had been training from young I woudl certainly have been better.

Even the famous scientist Albert Einstein said that, "Success = 1% genius and 99% sweat." He was a famous scientist that was very ahead of his time in terms of science, but then he was not very bright when he was young. He even skipped school. Such a person only relied on his hardworkingness and only a little bit of his 'genius'. I believe we can all achieve that too as long as we are hardworking, and of course as long as we are nurtured from young to be hardworking, among other values.

When a child is young, he/she will be easily influenced by his/her surroundings. We can make use of this to teach the child the correct things for him/her to learn. Such a method would be better than to let the child rely on his own 'genius' and 'nature', but not his hardworkingness. Next time, I would also do this for my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment