Welcome!

Welcome to Caspar's LA Blog! :D With this blog I'll add certain things related to LA, and will update it often. (Y) XD

Monday, January 17, 2011

Have you ever been in part of a group of people...

Have you ever been part of a group of people who were unkind to one or some individuals? What was the circumstance? How did you act? What did you feel?

I have been part of such group before, and it actually only happened last year. Although it was not really a serious case, it was about the marginalizing of one of my classmates which I shall not name. Last year, our class was quite unkind and 'bias' against this person, and what we did was to tease him all the time and may even play different pranks on him, just because he's a quiet person, and a little anti-social. Except those who were more responsible, almost the whole class was involved in this case of bullying. They did things like sabotaging him in various situations and taunting him by clapping and cheering, for example, if he was chosen by the teacher to go up and do something or say something. In fact, to be honest, I was one of them. But after reflecting on my actions, my attitude changed.

What did I feel? I felt that we cannot do this to him just because he's so quiet and anti-social. He might just be a shy person and a person who does not really like to talk to people. Even if he's anti-social, we still have to respect him as a person and appreciate him as a friend. What's more, he's our classmate. We have to look out for each other don't we? I stopped my 'bullying' actions and actually tried to make friends with him. Although I tried without success, I believe one day when the class has changed their minds and are not 'unkind' to him anymore, he would change his mind as well and might even decide to befriend us and talk more.
What should we do then? We should really talk to him more, and show our care for him. As I mentioned earlier, we can even make him change his mind so that he will choose to befriend us and not be anti-social anymore.
Although my attitude has changed, not the whole class have decided to act like I do and help him out.

Bon Courage! :D

1 comment:

  1. You're right Caspar! Not bullying him anymore does not mean helping him out. I would seriously like to see you help him out xD

    ReplyDelete