Welcome!

Welcome to Caspar's LA Blog! :D With this blog I'll add certain things related to LA, and will update it often. (Y) XD

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Personal Targets 2011

Personal Target (Language Arts):

1. What went well for LA last year?

Lessons were interesting and engaging. Involvement of the class was evident as well. Although my grade was not that good, I think my progress in Language Arts was quite good and I enjoyed the lessons very much as well.
Due to some of my own mistakes, not much of other aspects of Language Arts went well last year.

2. What went wrong?

Not enough practice probably caused a drop in grades, and the quality of my work declined as well. Occasional lack of attentiveness in class probably caused me to miss out on some important details, which might have caused the drop in grades as well.
The strategy that I used to revise for the examinations was to ‘mug’ and cram information into my head at the last minute before examinations, instead of studying as well as revising often and regularly.

3. What is my LA target for 2011?

My target score for LA this year is A1 (XD), and to improve my comprehension and summary grades which I though were the ones which pulled my marks down. I hope to improve my overall attitude towards studies this year as well as rectifying some of my strategy mistakes (e.g. ‘Mugging’)

4. How do I achieve this target?

I believe I can achieve this target by practising much more often than I did last year. Maybe ‘Reading Rites’ might help? Getting help from friends can work too.
By changing my mistake of ‘mugging’, I would study often and regularly everyday. This probably includes revising contents of the lesson when I get home, and doing extra practices regularly outside of class.

No comments:

Post a Comment